Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Funny Story

We're trying to be consistent with dinnertime, having it together at the table before Q's bedtime. The bedtime thing is the tricky part usually since he goes to bed at 7:30 and I have to be on the ball to have dinner ready by 6:30. It doesn't always happen. But the other night at dinner (at the table) B and I were talking about how much he watches us and takes his cues from us. B made a comment about us having a civilized meal and Q growing up with that (one of things B values about his childhood) - I of course had to make it into a joke and so I started acting really silly and manner-less. I was talking loudly with my mouth full of food and generally being very exaggerated for Q's benefit. Well Q-man didn't appreciate it at all and he pouted out his lower lip and after a few chin quivering moment he let out a howl that made his Papa jump up and pick him up out of his bumbo chair where he was having dinner with us. He calmed down immediately for his dad and gave me a dirty look and wouldn't come near me without crying for a while. Apparently he does not think it's funny when his Momma has no manners. The whole situation was quite funny though (in hindsight of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment