Thursday, March 11, 2010


We (tie) dyed some playsilks this week. Our nature table needed an overhaul and Q has shown more interest in his playsilks recently. This was my first time dying playsilks and it was SO much easier than dying cotton fabrics! Such an easy and gratifying activity.

Silks were from dharma trading company, I used food coloring to dye and these two tutorials as guides. Dying in jars was very convenient and having them on the stove made it go very quick.

I've got some more playsilks coming (including some BIG ones for canopies or fort building) and some jacquard silk paint so there will be more playsilk fun in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment