Saturday, August 8, 2009

Water Color Wall Art


I've been in a constant state of redecoration around our house and I was looking for something new for Q's room. I ran across a pretty watercolor someone did and it inspired me to make this personalized art for his room.

Supplies:

watercolors (no need for anything too fancy)
watercolor paper (watercolors really look better on actual watercolor paper I've discovered)

simple picture frames

x-acto knife

glue stick
pencil
stencil
letters or computer print out of letters



I quickly (during naptime) did some simple abstract watercolors. I tried to fill up the entire sheet of paper and use as many different colors as possible.
I had a blast mixing colors and using different ratios of paint to water to get lighter shades and more bleeding together (which looked very cool) After the paintings had dried (the next naptime) I used some letters I had printed out off the computer to trace the outline on the back of the watercolor. I cut out each letter, used the glue stick to glue it onto a piece of white paper and stuck those babies in some frames.

Voila! Cheap, cute, waldorfy, personalized wall art!


I was very happy with how they turned out and I just love any excuse to play with watercolors.

Aren't they beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment