Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Taggies!

I've been making a boatload of taggies lately. Can you believe they charge $19.95 for these! Especially when they are so easy to make! I saw some good ideas online and this is how I made mine

Supplies:

2 12" square pieces of fabric (it's nice to use fleece or fun prints or anything really!)

a bunch of ribbons (mine are cut to 5")
scissors

pins
cello (optional) for crinkly insides


with the right side of piece of fabric1 facing up pin tags folded in around the edges of the square

I put 3 on each side usually
then place fabric2 right side down and pin between the tags

sew with a 1/4" seam allowance

trim around the edges, especially the corners

the fun part! turn inside out!

I left the opening on the corner for this one so I could put a tag in a corner for a little link to go on

turn the corner in, place a tag in the middle and sew closed


topstitch around the whole thing

voila! taggie fun!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! I especially like the link in the corner, very clever. We have the name brand version and they use lots of different textured ribbons (satin, grograin, etc) which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey-where do you get the cello from? Do you think the babies like it more than without it? Looks like you've really gotten into sewing! I'm going to try this project!

    ReplyDelete