Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I love Allspice!

it's a very underrated spice in my opinion. This weeks Tuesday's With Dorie was chosen by Kayte over at Grandma's Kitchen Table. Thanks Kayte!



I thought the recipe was very simple and the batter came together very quickly with no issues. The crumb topping was super easy to make and actually came out very nicely crumbly - which isn't always the case. I had to add 5 extra minutes onto the cook time but they were perfectly done and nicely fragrant and I couldn't wait to try one.



The crumb topping rocked. Brown sugar, butter, a little allspice - what's not to like? but beyond that the muffins were a bit boring. I feel like they needed some sort of texture in them - maybe nuts? maybe some prunes? something....

I probably wouldn't make these again without adding something to the batter but they weren't bad by any means.

No comments:

Post a Comment