Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mrs. Vogel's Scherben

What a bizarre name for this weeks Tuesdays With Dorie!


But really these are not bizarre at all. It's basically funnel cake, but instead of all together it's small pieces/sticks/scherben - shards.


The dough is incredibly simple and these would have been SUPER quick to make except that I had to let the dough cool, cut it, then cool again, then fry it. By itself the dough is incredibly bland, but deep fry it, roll it in cinnamon sugar and then top with confectioners sugar and yum!

I liked these more than I thought I would, which isn't saying a lot because I thought I'd hate them. But really, isn't everything good if you put cinnamon sugar and confectioners sugar on it?


I think so.

As always, check out the other amazing TWD bloggers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment