Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chocolate For Breakfast

This weeks Tuesdays With Dorie was Cocoa-Nana Bread chosen by Steph of Obsessed With Baking. She has the recipe (and some much prettier pictures) over on her site.

Again, I wasn't thrilled about making this weeks recipe, but I'm a total convert now. When I read Dorie's intro to the recipe about trying to make chocolate acceptable breakfast food I knew I'd be sold. I think chocolate for breakfast is a genius idea, and a way of life we should all adopt.

The recipe was super easy to come together and looked like such pretty chocolate icing as I was scooping it into the loaf pan. Speaking of which....
Instead of a 9x5" loaf pan I used a 8.5"x4.5", I didn't think it would be too big of a problem but it definitely overflowed...

and the top came off when I was trying to get it out of the pan. Strangely the top was fairly uncooked but the rest of the bread was perfect - moist but not doughy and undercooked. I guess I'm glad the top came off! even though it wasn't very pretty....
It was tasty though! It's not super chocolatey which I actually really liked. I also didn't taste the bananas at all but I could tell it gave the bread a lot of moisture, I'm sure you could do this with other fruit, maybe applesauce or pumpkin in place of the banana.


As always, check out the rest of the TWD blogroll to see all the other amazing bakers who baked this weeks recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment