Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy Birthday

to Tuesday's With Dorie!



Today is the second anniverary of the start of Tuesdays With Dorie - a weekly blog even where bakers/bloggers bake the same recipe out of Dorie Greenspan's cookbook 'Baking: From My Home To Yours'.

This week we had the option to bake either the tarte tatin or the cocoa-buttermilk birthday cake. Because I just baked the tarte tatin this fall (during all that apple baking I did) I chose to go with the birthday cake.

Unfortunately, I don't think I like chocolate cake. I'm embarassed to admit it but it's true and this cake was no exception. I thought maybe it was just me who thought this cake lacked chocolate flavor and was a bit too sweet and turns out, it was. My husband said it's delicious and will be taking the rest to his co-workers tomorrow. I think I just like chocolate in creamy rich forms - mousse, ganache, ice cream, bar. Mmmmmmm.

I do think that I'd make this again if someone asked me to make a chocolate birthday cake because it came together surprisingly quick and easy. The recipe intimidated me at first but I was actually really happy with the whole baking process for this cake, I usually have a hard time deciding if a cake is done or not and this one came out perfect.

My first week back into TWD may have been a flop for me but it's always fun to bake along with everyone and see their creations. As always check out the other amazing TWD bakers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment