Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Almost-Candy Bars


This weeks Tuesday's With Dorie was baked in the very last moments of the day, eaten for dessert and then packed up for the coworkers to enjoy tomorrow. Lillian of Confectiona's Realm chose the recipe this week - Chocolate Oatmeal Almost-Candy bars. I was only slightly excited about this, it just sounded sort of boring to me honestly.

Although I wasn't particularly inspired by this weeks recipe I do love me some chocolate and oatmeal and was looking forward to being wowed by this bars. I wasn't. I probably could have tweaked them some and enjoyed them a lot more. They are basically a chewy oatmeal bottom (with chopped up peanuts in it) with chocolate fudge on top, topped with some crumbled oatmeal/peanut mixture and baked. I wish either the bottom layer was more crispy and less chewy, or that the chocolate layer was thinner, darker and less sugar-y sweet (mostly due to the sweetened condensed milk).


Either way, these aren't sticking around the house or else they will get eaten. They are already packed up and ready to go to B's coworkers tomorrow. I'm hoping for 'wife of the year' award 2 years in a row.



As always, check out the other amazing bloggers here at the TWD blogroll. Lillian has the recipe posted over at her site if you want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment