Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Fun

There is always something fun going on at the fairgrounds but what's happening this weekend was cooler than I expected. It was the 'Got To Be NC Ag Fest' which also hosted the Carolina Fiber Festival. We're leaving town again this weekend so I didn't think I would be able to make it but I happened to find out at the last minute that it was all going to start Friday so we got to go!

I was eager to go to the Fiber Festival since I had a few friends who I knew would be there. The Fiber Fest part was just amazing, there were so many beautiful and inspiring yarns, fleece, batting, and finished objects galore. It was very inspiring.

The whole festival was great the for the little dude too, lots of animals, farm equipment galore and lots of general people and commotion that he loves to watch. We took our time making the round of the food and wine expo - seeing all the food that comes from North Carolina was so heartwarming - I saw quite a few of my favorite people there and have a number of new favorite products to check out.

Here are some photos from our day

So many tractors



these were much more Q's speed however


and Fiber Fest....

so many gorgeous fibers






and will someone please buy me this drum carder please? I've been looking for a good deal on one


ok, ok, how about this?


or this?


please. pretty pretty please.


We ended the festival with some of our favorite things, live music (at the bluegrass stage), honey sticks and the highlight of Q's day - a balloon!


No comments:

Post a Comment