Thursday, October 14, 2010

Autumn Nature Table

I love fall. I love just about everything about it. I think I'm just so grateful for a break from the summer heat, but I also love all the other things that mean fall - the smells of cider, pumpkin, apples. The crisp air and the crinkly leaves under my feet are other favorites of course :)

We are in the process of welcoming fall into our house, bringing out the nutmeg smelling candles and the wool slippers that were in the back of the closet, layering up in fleece and wool and making soup and fresh bread for dinner. As a representation of the changing seasons we revamped our small nature table to reflect Autumn. Let me show you.


and here are a few of my favorite things on the table right now


A little picture to remind us of our apple picking. Card by Ruth Elsaesser.


I love having a few of our seasonal books up on the table too. Plus our fall tree that I watercolored.


and a nest to remind us of home and warmth. It also smells like sweet beeswax (the polish) and I just can't get enough of it.

How are you welcoming Autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment